Your Learing Plattformfor SAP-Software
Sign Up now
Excerpt from Practical Guide to Advanced DSOs in SAP by Deepa Rawat.
1. Open ODS view is a view on the source table structures, so it does not persist data
2. Instead of using InfoObjects, Open ODS view utilizes field-based constructs. This helps a developer to quickly implement queries and do a quicker proof of concept.
3. Open ODS view can connect a field’s definition to either an InfoObject or another Open ODS view. This enables a field to utilize an existing BW definition to enrich queries.
1. Open ODS view should be created on smaller-sized source tables. Query performance gets degraded if the source table size is big.
This book delves into the fundamentals of SAP BW based on SAP HANA Advanced Data Store Objects (aDSOs). Explore the various aDSO types and templates available and learn how to quickly create aDSOs specific to your business needs. Create, manage, and use aDSOs tables enhanced reporting capabilities. Dive into new objects in SAP BW on SAP HANA including open ODS views, composite providers, and advanced DSOs. Explore data modeling with SAP HANA Studio, using composite providers, advanced DSOs, open ODS views, and InfoObjects. Walk through detailed example of how to use templates, embed aDSOs in queries, and create your first query using field-based modeling. Get detailed information and guidelines on how to create a data acquisition layer, corporate memory, and data warehouse layer for delta calculation and datamart. By using practical examples, tips, and screenshots, this book explores:
– Fundamentals of Advanced Data Store Objects
– Modeling with SAP HANA Studio
– How to create an SAP HANA-optimized InfoProvider
– Examples and screenshots based on real-world scenarios
Author Deepa Rawat is a senior consultant for a global consulting company. For the past 17 years, her main area of focus has been SAP BW and more recently, SAP BW on SAP HANA. She has extensive experience implementing and leading SAP BW projects globally. Currently, Ms. Rawat is an SAP BW team lead and leads a team of more than 15 consultants across different projects. She has a degree in Masters in Information Systems from University of Southampton, UK.